Abstract Submission for ECSA 54 is open.
Submission deadline is on the 28th of February 2014.
Environmental change is occurring at unprecedented rates and scales. However, knowledge on how climate and anthropogenic impacts interact and affect hydrodynamic, geomorphological, geochemical, biological and ecological processes in coastal areas is still limited. A better understanding of changes in ecosystem function and processes will contribute to more efficient management and conservation strategies. The integration of current knowledge and the development of predictive tools involve a multidisciplinary effort to deal with challenges posed by changing coastal environments.
To explore the topic of environmental change in coastal systems aiming at advancing assessment and management tools, ECSA 54 will address the following topics:
- Hydrodynamic and geomorphological shifts in coastal systems
- Geochemical processes in changing environments
- Shifts in biodiversity and ecosystem functioning
- From genes to ecosystems: effects of global change
- Connectivity and its implications towards conservation and management
- Improving management and decision processes: advances in predictive tools
Convenor: Henrique Cabral, Centro de Oceanografia, Portugal